Monday, October 13, 2008

Invitation to writers and illustrators



Yesterday I was intending to meet some staff of a children's Library in La Spezia to see if it's possible to organize a reading for children but when I reached the place I found it was closed due to a not specified reason. Anyway the lights were on and I could see inside through the windows ... I saw a colourful warm place with red and orange tables, green, blue and pink chairs and the walls full of books ordered in wooden shelves... but what I enjoyed most standing outside, was reading some sentences on wallpapers hanged on top of the shelves, sentences that underline the pleasure of reading, a clear invitation about discovering the joy of reading. And because we are involved in supporting reading as a very important need for everyone I want to share these sentences here.


Rospo che legge diventa re = Toad who read becomes a King
Chi legge guarda lontano= Who read can see far
Chi legge ascolta la musica della vita = Who reads listen to the music of life
Esci dal gregge e bruca un bel libro = Go out of the flock and browse on a good book.
Chi legge vola alto= Who read flies high
Chi legge non ha paura= Who read doesn't fear
Chi legge non è mai solo= Who read is never alone
Tenera è la notte con un libro per sognare = Sweet is the night with a nice book to dream
Chi legge ha sete di sogni = who read is thirsty of dreams
Chi legge viaggia con la mente = Who read travels with the mind
Chi legge cerca pace =Who read looks for peace
Chi legge non si fa lavare il cervello=Who read never allows a brainwash

I discovered that Fatatrac Publisher distributes these wallpapers, I thought why don't ask writers and illustrators to write /illustrate their own sentence on how is reading...for them trying to find nice and stimulating metaphoras.

7 comments:

Susan Wingate said...

Your blog is beautiful! -Susan.

Valentina Acava Mmaka said...

Thank you Susan, I'm happy you enjoy the blog. I hope to read something by you. :))Valentina

Linda Austin said...

I love the beautiful alligator(?) poster! Thanks, Valentina.

Valentina Acava Mmaka said...

Thank you too Linda for passing by. I thought it was a wolf... I think it refers to the story "Little Red Cap"... the message says: "who read never fears".
I hope to read your sentence here..
Valentina:)))

Philippa Yaa De Villiers said...

"between the pages of a book
i discovered
all i have ever wanted
all i have ever lost
the adventure of life"

Valentina Acava Mmaka said...

Thank you Philippa!
Valentina:)

Katia said...

The SCBWI slogan for this year's national conference in Los Angeles was READING IS POWER !
I think it's very true.
Katia